Volunteer support has been an integral part of Androscoggin Home Care & Hospice's services for over 40 years. The Program is now widely recognized as one of the most extensive, non-profit, home health care volunteer programs in Maine.
Androscoggin Home Care & Hospice offers a variety of volunteer opportunities that include - Hospice, Bereavement, Camp Dragonfly/Program for Grieving Children & Teens, Grocery & Transportation, Office, Veteran-to-Veteran and Special Events.
Becoming a Volunteer
- Contact Volunteer Services at 1.800.482.7412 ext. 1280 or 795.9580 for a brief phone interview. This is an opportunity to learn about each of the programs to see what interests you most.
- Volunteer Services will mail an application to you.
- References will contacted; a Criminal Background Check will be performed; and for the Camp Dragonfly/Program for Grieving Children & Teens, a DHS (Department of Human Services) check will be initiated.
- A mandatory TB test will be given at no cost to the volunteer.
- Volunteers will receive training appropriate to the position for which they are interested.
- All volunteers will receive training in confidentiality and will sign a confidentiality form and other forms during training.
- A minimum commitment of 2-4 hours per week for 1 year is requested.
- Volunteers must complete all annual requirements.
For those who are interested in volunteering for Hospice, Bereavement or Camp Dragonfly/Program for Grieving Children & Teens, you must wait one year to volunteer if you have had a significant loss or death in your life. In the year you are waiting, you may choose to volunteer as a Visiting, Grocery, Transportation or Office Volunteer.
"We Honor Veterans" Program
Androscoggin Home Care & Hospice has become a national partner of We Honor Veterans, a pioneering campaign developed by National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs. As a partner, we will implement ongoing Veteran-centered education for staff and volunteers to help improve the care provided to Veterans.
To learn more about this program, please visit their website at www.wehonorveterans.org.