As a proud partner in the We Honor Veterans program, Androscoggin Home Care & Hospice is committed to providing the highest quality care to our nation's veterans as they embark on life's final journey.
Focused on respectful inquiry, compassionate listening, and acknowledgement of service that is sensitive to each veteran's preference, our expert staff and volunteers pledge to provide the highest quality care to veterans and their families.
We document military service through:
- Phone calls from volunteers
- Work with the Veterans Administration to access practical resources
- Recognize patients through a special pinning ceremony upon request
- Arrange training to understand the special needs of veterans
- Try to match veteran hospice volunteers with veteran patients
We recognize that every Veteran is different and their unique needs are often influenced by their personal military experience. Understanding how Veterans view their military service, whether positive or negative, can affect how they view their disease and end-of-life. As an agency we are stepping up and making it our mission to serve those men and women with the dignity they deserve.